Biotin, also known as Vitamin H or Vitamin B7, is one of the B complex vitamins that helps the body to convert food into energy and takes care of your health. Foods like milk, eggs, or bananas contain a small amount of biotin. Biotin is used for biotin deficiency. Consuming biotin can help you deal with brittle nails, hair loss, and other conditions. One can take Pure Biotin supplements to keep their body stay active.
What is biotin?
Biotin is one of the eight B vitamins. It is also known as Vitamin B 7, Vitamin H, D-Biotin, Biotin, Biotina, etc. The word Biotin is originated from the Greek word Biotos, which means sustenance or life. This vitamin helps you keep your hair, skin, liver, eyes, and other nervous systems healthy. It is also a vital nutrient for women during their pregnancy since it is crucial for embryonic growth.
One can get the required biotin by eating a healthy diet. However, you can promote healthy hair, skin, and nails, and regulate your blood sugar with more biotin. Also, during pregnancy, having sufficient biotin can help in keeping the baby healthy.
How does it work?
Biotin is an essential component of enzymes in the body that breaks down certain substances like carbohydrates and fats and converts them into energy. It supports several enzymes involved in the breakdown of carbs, fats, and proteins. It is involved in
It is a synthesis of glucose from sources other than carbs like amino acids and biotin containing enzymes that help in initiating the process.
Amino acid breakdown:
Biotin containing enzymes are involved in promoting the metabolism of several important amino acids including leucine.
Fatty acid synthesis:
Biotin promotes enzymes that activate reactions that are crucial for the production of fatty acids.
Symptoms of Biotin Deficiency:
Since there is no proven laboratory test for detecting low biotin levels, you can determine that you have a low biotin level only by recognizing its symptoms. The symptoms of biotin deficiency include
- Loss of natural hair color
- Thinning of the hair
- Red scaly rash around the nose, eyes, and mouth
Some other symptoms might include
- Tingling of the arms and legs
- Sometimes the low biotin levels can cause diabetes
If you are experiencing the following symptoms, you should take biotin supplements, and have food that includes a sufficient level of biotin.
Benefits of having Biotin Supplements:
- Consuming biotin supplements, like Pure Biotin by Naturctin, can help in treating low blood levels of biotin that causes thinning of the hair and rash around the nose, eyes, and mouth.
- It might help in reducing hair loss
- Taking biotin supplements can thicken brittle nails.
- Research shows the deficiency of biotin and chromium might lead to diabetes. Biotin supplements can improve the lower blood sugar level.
- It boosts energy. The most crucial role of biotin is, it converts food into energy
- People with diabetes relieve from any kind of nerve pain by consuming biotin supplements.
- People receiving dialysis often experience severe muscle cramps. Regular consumption of biotin supplements can help in reducing muscle cramps in these people.
- It is great for pregnant and lactating women. The deficiency of biotin in pregnant women is quite common since the body breaks down the vitamin during pregnancy. So, they need biotin supplements to let the body work effectively.
Doses of biotin supplements:
It is always recommended to talk to your physician before taking any supplements. However, for an adult, the dose should be 30 mcg to 100mcg/per day.
Since Biotin is water-soluble, extra biotin will simply pass through your body with urine. Though there is no harsh side effect of this supplement, some people report mild side effects, like digestive issues or nausea.